The foundation aims to have a meaningful impact on the human condition by being strategic and focusing on outcomes. This requires us to learn in an ongoing and continuous fashion –directly from our interactions with grantees, through our experiences working alongside grantees and our partners, and through our assessment and evaluation activities.
In our learning, we are guided by questions such as:
- What is the evolving nature of the problem or opportunity in which we aim to have an impact?
- What is the context and environment in which we are working?
- What is the Foundation’s role and strategy for making a difference?
- Who are the best partners and grantees to effect change?
- What are we accomplishing together?
- Who are we impacting and in what way can we broaden or deepen our impact?
- In what ways could we better leverage our resources?
The Foundation generally makes our evaluations publicly available. We do so in the interest of field building, transparency of activities, and accountability.